We have great news for you! We will be opening the church on Wednesday, June 3rd. Thank you so much for your patient waiting. God is good all the time.
Church will be reopened on Wednesday June 3rd for private prayer from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Daily Mass begins on Thursday, June 4th at 8 a.m.
Weekend Masses begin on the weekend of June 6th and 7th.
Vigil Mass: 5 p.m. and Sunday Masses : 8 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Change in Sunday Schedule
Sunday 8:30 a.m. Mass will be celebrated at 8:00 a.m., this will allow us more time between Masses for disinfecting the church.
Health is our primary priority. Therefore, dispensation from Sunday Mass has been extended by Archbishop for the time being. If you are not feeling well or concerned about your health, please stay home. We will livestream the Saturday 5 p.m. Mass and then post it to YouTube.
Call in advance and let us know your attendance
Keeping with social distancing guidelines, our church can accommodate between 75 to 100 people at a time. If you are planning to come to a weekend Mass, please call the Parish Office at 818/504-4400 no later than Thursday June 4th and let us know how many of you are attending and which Mass you are planning to attend. It will help us to coordinate without any confusion and assure that all safety precautions will be followed.
Mass will start promptly at the scheduled time and seating in the church will be on a first come first serve basis. Please come early.
Please see the following instructions before you leave for church. If your answer is “yes” to any of the questions, please livestream our St. Francis Xavier Mass from facebook “St. Francis Xavier” or YouTube at “St. Francis Xavier Church Burbank.”
a. Have you recently been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
b. Have you traveled outside the country in the last month?
c. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
d. Have you had a fever (100.4 or higher) in the last 48 hours?
e. Do you have any symptoms of illness now?
Once you are on the church campus, please follow these guidelines:
1. Before you exit the car wear a face mask and keep 6 feet distance away from others (except close family members). Keep wearing the mask at all times except when receiving Communion.
2. Avoid holding hands or shaking hands at all times.
3. Sanitize your hands before entering the church. Sanitizer will be provided (you are also welcome to bring your own).
4. Enter the church through the front door and exit through the door near the chapel.
5. The ushers will escort you from the entrance to a safely spaced seat. Please cooperate with all volunteers.
6. Church will be open 30 minutes before Mass begins. Please arrive early or on time.
1. We will not have an offertory procession.
2. Mass books, parish bulletins, and prayer cards have been removed from the church.
3. Collection baskets will be placed at the entrance of the church and also near the baptismal pond at the exit. You may also use online giving.
4. We will not use the service of altar servers, sacristans, Eucharistic Ministers and choir for the month of June. Masses will have one accompanist and one cantor.
5. Only one lector will be assigned for each Mass.
6. In place of the Profession of Faith, the baptismal formula (Q & A form) will be used.
7. There will not be a gesture for the Sign of Peace.
8. For the distribution of Communion, we will have three Eucharistic stations: one in the front of the Ambo, another in front of the Altar, and third one in the middle of the church with the positions for the priest and recipient clearly marked.
9. There will be only one line for Communion, and those in line to receive Communion will be directed to keep 6 feet apart. (Distance will be marked and monitored by ushers).
10. Parishioners will remove their masks to receive Communion and replace again after receiving the Eucharist.
11. Priest and the Eucharistic Minsters will wear masks when they distribute Communion.
12. Communion will be given in the hand only.
13. The Act of Spiritual Communion will be prayed for people who cannot receive the Eucharist and also for people watching Mass from home.
14. After the final blessing, please remain in your pew. Pews will be dismissed in an orderly fashion as directed by the ushers.
15. Private prayers are not available in the church after Masses to allow time to clean and prepare for the next Mass.
16. You are welcome to contact the Parish Office for Confession by appointment.
After Mass we ask that you do not socialize and leave in a timely manner so that we can sterilize our church and outside area before the next Mass.
For the celebration of other Sacraments, Communion to the sick, sick visits and Confession, please call the Parish Office.
Confession can also be made on Saturday from 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Sunburst Room.
The Parish Office will be opening for the parishioners starting Wednesday, June 3rd.
We are excited to see each of you again. There may be inconveniences in the first few weeks. To help each other to stay healthy, let us go through this process patiently and prayerfully. Church will remain open every day from 7:30 a.m. till 4 p.m. May God bless all of you in this difficult time.